GLENDALE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–June 30, 2022–
Public Storage (NYSE:PSA) today announced the release of its 2022 Sustainability Report detailing how the company’s engaged and diverse team, innovative and sustainable operations, and financial strength continue to position Public Storage for resilience. , growth and long-term value creation.
Durability highlights include:
- Recognition by Forbes and Statista as one of “America’s Best Large Employers” and by Comparably as an “Employer of Choice” with an “A+” culture based on employee feedback;
- Create new career paths that boost employee satisfaction through greater role specialization and upward mobility of property management and customer relationship center teams;
- Increase the representation of diversity in the ranks of management and formalize a diverse hiring policy, thus reinforcing an already diverse and inclusive culture composed of 68% women and 52% people of color;
- Reduce energy consumption, carbon emissions, water consumption and waste generation by 5% and 22%, on average, over the past one and three years, respectively, through proactive environmental initiatives; and
- Formalize oversight of sustainability initiatives by clarifying the division of responsibilities among Board committees.
“Our nearly 2,800 properties and 5,800 employees serve our customers and communities with a focus on enhancing our industry-leading digital guest experience, growing through third-party acquisitions, development and management, and building the resilience of our properties and business,” said Joe Russell, President and CEO. “We are pleased to share our progress, commitments and outlook in the 2022 Sustainability Report.”
Public Storage, a member of the S&P 500 and the FT Global 500, is a REIT that acquires, develops, owns and operates primarily self-storage facilities. As of March 31, 2022, we held: (i) interests in 2,797 self-storage facilities located in 39 states representing approximately 199 million net leasable square feet in the United States, (ii) a common interest of approximately 35% in Shurgard Self-Storage SA (Euronext Brussels:SHUR), which owned 254 self-storage facilities located in seven Western European countries with approximately 14 million net leasable square feet operated under the Shurgard® brand, and (iii) an approximate 41% common equity interest in PS Business Parks, Inc. (NYSE: PSB), which owned and operated approximately 27 million square feet of leasable retail space as of March 31, 2022. Our corporate headquarters are located at Glendale, California.
Additional information about Public Storage is available on the Company’s website at PublicStorage.com.
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220630005851/en/
CONTACT: Ryan Burke
(818) 244-8080, ext. 1141
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: DEI (DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION) COMMERCIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY SUSTAINABILITY HUMAN RESOURCES ENVIRONMENT PROFESSIONAL SERVICES REIT
SOURCE: Public Storage
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 06/30/2022 16:06 / DISK: 06/30/2022 16:06
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.