This tutorial covers How to Find Free Storage Space on Your PC. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to find free storage space on your PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How To Find Free Storage Space On Your PC
No matter what type of Windows computer you have – desktop, laptop, or tablet – you have at least one hard drive that stores your programs, settings, and data. It doesn’t matter if it’s a traditional hard drive or a more modern SSD. Either way, Windows gives you two easy ways to check your storage, and you can use the method that works best for you.
How to check free hard drive space in Windows
- In Windows 11 or Windows 10, select the Start button, followed by File Explorer (the small folder icon). If you don’t see it, check the All apps box or the Windows System folder, or type file explorer in the search box.
- In Windows 8 or Windows 10, find This PC, then select This PC.
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, select the Start button, followed by Computer.
- In Windows XP, go to Start and then to My Computer.
- On the left side of File Explorer or Windows Explorer (depending on your version of Windows), make sure This PC, Computer, or My Computer is selected (again, depending on your version of Windows).
- On the right side, find the drive where you want to know the remaining free space.
- In newer versions of Windows, you can see just below the drive that lists the remaining free space, along with the total size of the drive, in a format like this:
- Local disk (C 🙂
- 535 GB free on 931 GB
- To see more, right-click or long-press the drive where you want more storage information, and choose Properties.
- In the General tab, you will see all the important details about the storage device you are viewing, expressed in bytes and GB rounded up … free space included:
- Space Used – This is the sum total of all data on this device.
- Free Space – This is the difference between the total formatted capacity of the device and the total sum of each piece of data stored on it. This number indicates the additional storage space that you can fill.
- Capacity – This is the total formatted capacity of the drive.
- There is also a pie chart, showing used space versus free disk space, useful for viewing how much space you are using on that hard drive or other device.
Final words: How to find free storage space on your PC
hope you will understand this item How to find free storage space on your PC, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.