DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–January 14, 2022–
the “Global Residential Battery Energy Storage Growth Opportunities” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.comoffer.
The residential battery storage market will continue its recent high growth trajectory, with global revenues growing from $3.05 billion in 2021 to $8.11 billion in 2030.
High electricity prices, lower feed-in tariffs and net payments, as well as the continued decline in prices for lithium-ion batteries and related components are the main drivers.
These factors help create a viable business case for battery energy storage, especially for households acquiring new systems, where solar + storage propositions are increasingly common. Advanced digital value propositions will also become important in the coming years.
This enables value-added features such as electricity aggregation and trade from cloud-based residential communities (known as virtual power plants) to the grid as part of ancillary service balancing markets. All of these elements bring additional income to households and solution providers.
The additional revenue streams for solution providers also allow them to offer different financing models, aside from direct purchasing, such as leasing or results-based contracts as a service. Germany, the United States and Japan – key markets in 2021 – will remain key markets in 2030 and will be joined by Australia, South Korea and China.
In Europe, Italy, the UK, Spain and Austria will experience significant growth. LG Chem, Sonnen, Tesla and BYD are the leading solution providers in the market. Beyond that, there are over 20 solution providers that have a strong presence in a few key national markets.
As the players look to expand, there will likely be some consolidation within the longer-term market. Partnerships with utilities and automakers will be key to future success as electricity and mobility become the same ecosystem.
Main issues addressed
- What are the major drivers and restraints impacting the future market growth?
- What are the growth forecasts for key national kWh systems, revenue and storage markets?
- What are the market shares of the main market players and how did they achieve their positioning?
- What is the main market distribution model?
- What are the key growth opportunities for market players to secure their place in the future market?
Main topics covered:
1. Strategic imperatives
- Why is it increasingly difficult to grow taller?
- The strategic imperative
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the Residential Battery Energy Storage (BES) Industry
- Growth opportunities fuel the growth pipeline engine
- Main conclusions
2. Growth Opportunities Analysis – Residential Battery Energy Storage Market
- Scope of Residential Battery Energy Storage Market Analysis
- Market segmentation
- Key competitors
- Key growth indicators for the residential battery energy storage market
- Distribution channel analysis
- Growth Drivers for the Residential Battery Energy Storage Market
- Growth Constraints for Residential Battery Energy Storage Market
- Forecast assumptions
- Revenue and system installs forecasts
- Forecast of cumulative and annual capacity additions
- Revenue forecasts by region
- Forecast system installations by region
- Analysis of forecast revenue and system installs by region
- Annual forecast capacity additions by region
- Cumulative capacity forecast by region
- Price Trends and Forecast Analysis
- Competitive environment
- System Installations Market Share of Major Participants
- System Installations Market Share Analysis
3. Growth Opportunity Analysis – North America
- Key Growth Indicators for Residential Battery Energy Storage Market – North America
- Revenue and System Installs Forecast – North America
- Cumulative and annual capacity addition forecasts – North America
- Revenue forecast by country – North America
- System Installations Forecast by Country – North America
- Annual forecast capacity additions by country – North America
- Forecast Analysis of Annual Revenue, System Installs and Capacity Additions by Country – North America
4. Analysis of growth opportunities – Europe
- Key Growth Indicators for Residential Battery Energy Storage Market – Europe
- Forecast revenue and system installs – Europe
- Forecast of cumulative and annual capacity additions – Europe
- Revenue forecast by country – Europe
- Forecast System Installations by Country – Europe
- Annual forecast capacity additions by country – Europe
- Forecast Analysis of Annual Revenue, System Installs and Capacity Additions by Country – Europe
5. Analysis of growth opportunities – Asia and Oceania
- Key Growth Indicators for Residential Battery Energy Storage Market – Asia and Oceania
- Revenue and System Installs Forecast – Asia and Oceania
- Forecast of cumulative and annual capacity additions – Asia and Oceania
- Revenue forecast by country – Asia and Oceania
- System Installation Forecast by Country – Asia and Oceania
- Annual forecast capacity additions by country – Asia and Oceania
- Forecast Analysis of Annual Revenue, System Installs and Capacity Additions by Country – Asia and Oceania
6. Universe of growth opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1: Solar + Storage Value Proposition
- Growth Opportunity 2: New Business Models for Storage as a Service
- Growth Opportunity 3: Leveraging Data Analytics for Residential Battery Energy Storage
7. Next steps
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7r3xso
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220114005192/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER ENERGY ENERGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 01/14/2022 05:35 AM/DISC: 01/14/2022 05:36 AM
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.